Saturday 12 November 2016

New home, new name.

Paul met the van from Many Tears Rescue at Bristol to collect Whistle the mini Schnauzer we are adopting. We decided as a family to rename her in honour of a brand new start as a loved family pet. We were deciding between Phoebe and Lulu as names. I was leaning more towards Phoebe, even telling a couple of my friends that Paul had gone to collect Phoebe. when I arrived home from church, Paul was already home with Phoebe, and I heard him calling, "Lulu. Lulu, here Lulu." So that is her new name then, I thought, as I walked in to the dining room to see this little scrap of a thing with a wagging tail (remarkably!) and an inquisitive but nervous little face. Oh my word she absolutely stinks and we can't bath her until her stitches are removed in 6 days time. In an effort to minimise the impact of that dirty dog kennel smell, I have my DoTerra vapouriser going with the lovely Holiday Joy essential oils making a much nicer fragrance. I was fully expecting a lot of accidents in the house while we toilet train Lulu, after all, she has only known a crate and shed type of existence. Apart from three little mishaps in the first two days, she has picked this outdoor toileting thing up really quickly. I encourage her out into the garden with tiny tidbits of cooked sausage and she joyfully followed, tail wagging and trots around the lawn until she finds the perfect spot to 'go' on. Afterwards there is much praise and some more sausage as a reward. Within four days she will take herself out to toilet and seems to have just understood that this is how it is done. Yesterday our dear friend Richard came over for a meal, checking out the cataracts in Lulu's eyes (he's an optician) and said he felt that the right eye is worse than the left, but he thinks she is not missing much in terms of reduced sight, as it is not advanced yet.  I have researched whether there is anything natural that can help regarding cataracts. My research showed a few things and two of them I was already aware of, so I am going to experiment based on a testimonial I read about plant based minerals from Simply Naturals. I already had a bag of the pet life minerals from them, and her dose age is half a scoop each day. I shall be monitoring her health carefully and will photograph her eyes as best I can to show what, if any improvement there is. I have been taking the mineral capsules (human version) for several months myself and have noticed a dramatic difference in a health issue which I was struggling with but which is ok now. I signed up as an affiliate and you can order anything from here.... Www.simplyfizzin.com Today the stitches were removed and our vet checked her over. She was very nervous but a brave little girl. I was so happy when the vet said it's ok to bath her, so that is exactly what I did as we returned home. I used Aleppo soap to wash her because it is exceptionally mild and it makes wiry fur like silk. She wasn't too happy about being bathed but because she is so small, she's easy to manage.  Now she and Poppy are sleeping on freshly laundered blankets and I am happy that my home smells clean again. In just seven short days Lulu has won a big place in our hearts with her plucky but sweet nature.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.