Tuesday 27 September 2011

Getting My Groove Back

I was spending some (far too much) time on Twitter today, when I saw the following Tweet:
 Sarah 


@ 
 I've commented on your  piece. Such a great idea . Loved your autumn post too - my fav time of year

I went onto the blog link Kate On Thin Ice to have a little looksee, and here I am, joining in the #groovingmums bloghop.

I feel somewhat too old to be joining in with all the lovely young mums, but, I am still a mum, and, I still have some of the same issues, and had most of the same issues when I too was a young mum.

Kate asks two questions to help along the way....

1. What song would be best to play a lot whilst attempting to get your groove back?

2. What can you do to make your body feel better this week?

Well, as for me. the music one has to be cheery and 'up', it wouldn't help me if it were a sad or sappy song, nor one that made me feel melancholy or emotional. So I choose an fairly old one.... Love Today by Mika.   On that note (pun intended) where is Mika these days? 

I tend to be an easy recluse and stay in alone too easily. It seems that all of my friends who I like to go out and spend time with are all working and so I can easily be alone for large chunks of time. While that's OK most of the time, and I do keep busy, it can lead to a feeling of isolation. I'm not great at getting out there and meeting people. I'm quite shy and have poor self esteem a lot of the time.
However, I can make my body feel better this week by going for a walk every day and getting out of the house.
I haven't eaten or drunk chocolate for over a year and that makes me feel very good about myself.
I do push myself out of my comfort zone sometimes with my business, and always feel much more positive afterwards.

Don't forget to join the bloghop if you'd like and Tweet about it too using #groovingmums

Have a great week. x

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in and glad you like the idea. I think I share some of your traits and I too am trying to overcome them especially on the getting out and walking front.
    There is no age limit to being a mum or to getting your groove back. I hope to get to know you much better as we all go on the grooving journey together. Love your song choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for joining in. It can be socially isolating when we have this kind of personality and anything that brings you into contact with others and makes you smile, think, rant or just be there learning has ro be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, found your blog on the blog hop. I like your song choice, and don't worry, it's not as old as mine. (I'm stuck in the early 90's!). Well done on a year without chocolate - I would find that very difficult :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely comments. Blogging has opened up a whole new world which is supportive, positive and rather wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found us! I'm amazed you've managed a year without chocolate -well done! I started off with power walking and now I can jog 4 miles. It hasn't taken long for me to progress & I feel like I have much more energy & va va voom now! My confidence that I once had is starting to creep back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hat MIKA song as well, and I can;t beleive that you havent eaten chocolate for over a year, very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that song choice! It's great grooving music!

    I really relate to what you say about feeling a bit isolated. I am shy and it's so easy not to go out, not to see people. I must change that.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.